Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Flexible & Adaptable

Grow where planted

On Monday, May 10, 2010 Tom's ( a fellow blogger) posting was titled "The Dream Team" and contained this paragraph, as quoted. "Be flexible and adaptable. We know from experience that volunteers can arrive and discover that their well laid plans have all vaporized and that they cannot do the work that they so carefully and completely planned and prepared for. So whadaya do? Get on a plane and go back home? B2R volunteers quickly reassess and discover that great work needs to be done, they roll up their sleeves, and they get on it, and discover that it was always God's "Plan A" for them".

Tom Allen is Bridge2Rwanda's Country Director. If you want to learn more about Tom or any of the other members of the present B2R team you can get on world wide web, type in Bridge2Rwanda. org , click on borrowed talent/bridge2rwanda then on Tom Allen. That should get you the complete team's profiles.

I'm assured that the following poem , while being like some Hollywood shows, based on facts, is not to be taken literally but figuratively (having a basis in facts). While it could have been partially true it may or may not have happened that way. The title was originally "Lift Up Thine Eyes Unto Heaven" but lately it has been referred to simply as "Brother Jerome".

Brother Jerome was a big and bearded man with a voice that started deep down in his chest and rolled out of his mouth like a fast moving mountain stream. He preached the Gospel and quoted scriptue and everywhere he went he carried his Bible tucked under his arm so that when he found a few people gathered together he was ready to go. He would take that worn Bible in his hand, stretch out his arms, raise them and his face to the sky and say, "Lift up thine eyes unto Heaven from whence cometh thou salvation, Amen".

Lift up thine eyes unto Heaven, lift up thine eyes amen / lift up thine eyes unto Heaven, see Jesus coming again/ He's coming again in all His glory, salvation is ours and it's free / so lift up thine eyes unto Heaven, for Jesus is coming for you and me.

Brother Jerome was holding an open air meeting near a small town in western Tennessee and I was on my way to Nashville to become a legend in my own time. That's where our paths crossed and my life hasn't been the same since for now everywhere I go I carry this Bible tucked under my arm and whenever I can gather a few people together I, too, am ready to go and like Brother Jerome I take this Bible in my hand, stretch out my arms and raise them and my face to the sky and say, "Lift up thine eyes unto Heaven from whence cometh thou Salvation, Amen".

Lift up thine eyes unto Heaven, lift up thine eyes amen / lift up thine eyes unto Heaven, see Jesus coming again / He's coming again in all His glory, salvation is ours and it's free / so lift up thine eyes unto Heaven, for Jesus is coming for you and me. c. B. Browder

The situation is so much different in Rwanda that I'm sure we who have never been there can never understand completely what it is like. It may be easier for the Bridge2Rwanda volunteers to see the needs there than it is for us to see what we need to do in our own country. Never the less they do exist. Lift up thine eyes unto Heaven from whence cometh thy salvation, Amen. Thanks, stay tuned - William

No comments:

Post a Comment