Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Climbing Mountains

One more to climb

On October 5, 2010 there was a statement on Fox News Ticker by former President Bill Clinton asserting that if the Israeli - Palestinian conflict could be solved it would take away half the motivation for terriorism in the whole world. One of the benefits he listed was that Iran would probably give up its quest for a nuclear bomb. I can't believe that would ever happen because too many signs point to the beginning of a push by Islam to take over the world. I say; Wake up America before it is too late. With that said I'll move on to the subject that I had half-way planned for today.

The first 9 months of this year has not been easy for either one of us, with, probably, more time spent in hospitals and doctor's offices than in the preceding 10 years combined. Needless to say, that brings on an awareness that our time on this earth is surely drawing to a close. That awareness brought to mind a poem that was written several years ago in anticipation of that time.

"Lord Now Take My Hand"

"Some day I'm going to climb up on that mountain / look out over God's Kingdom stretching wide / cross on across that mighty Jordan River / and enter into Heaven on the other side / I want to follow in the footsteps of Jesus / share all the love that he gives to me / and knowing that He walked upon the water / gives me the courage to brave the raging sea.

Lord now take my hand, make the world understand / that You're the one to take their troubles to / when the days are dark as night and it's hard to tell the wrong from right / I know Your guiding light will see me through.

Some day my life's journey will be ended / but it's up to my Lord when that will be / faith in Him will make the traveling easier / till He lifts up my burdens and sets me free / then I'll go on to walk on ground that's Holy / singing praise to Jesus throughout eternity / for all the things He's done down through the ages / but especially praise to Him for loving me.

Lord now take my hand, make the world understand / that You're the one to take their troubles to ---."

But until that day comes, "I'll play the hand that was dealt me / and Lord I'll do my best not to complain / I'll enjoy all the sunshine that You send me / then I'll bow my head and walk on through the rain. / When I meet someone on the street and they say, how are you / help me to say fine and I hope you are the same / for everyone in this world will have their problems / they'll have to bow their heads and walk on through the rain."

In my last posting I attempted to point out some parallels between the Vietnamese war and our present day war in Afghanistan. One thing that may not have been clear is the fact that Osama bin Laden was a major player in the "Mujahadeen's" resistance that caused the Soviet Union to pack their bags and pull out of Afghanistan. That war lasted between 9 and 10 years. Now Osama bin Laden is a major planner in the resistance by the Taliban and Al-Qaida against NATO forces in our war in Afghanistan. How long has this war been going on? When do we pack our bags and leave?

I don't know what I will write about next but with the way the world is changing every day and each day's news seeming to be worse than the day before it shouldn't be hard to find some subject to either agree or disagree with. Until then, stay tuned. Thanks - William

No comments:

Post a Comment