Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mubarak and Snow

When will they go?

Thursday - February 10, 2011
First a note about my last post (yesterday). I accidentally clicked publish when I finished Tuesday and it dated it at that time. I had to go in and save it as a draft so I could add Wednesday's to it but I couldn't change the day and date. I'll try not to do that again.
About 2:00 yesterday afternoon it began to snow, lightly at first but by 2:30 it was really coming down.Since the ground was already frozen I'm sure none of it melted. By 6:00 it was all over, with about 2 inches on the ground. Today is the day we usually go to Corinth to shop and visit family but we decided to pospone the trip until next week (Monday maybe). Most of the snow will be gone by night, just leaving slush. It is warming up some here and for a while we thought it was cooling off in Egypt but as the day wears on we're not so sure. About 3:00 this afternoon President Mubarak of Egypt announced that he would not be stepping down, citing outside pressure from foreign governments. Like me, he doesn't appreciate someone else telling him he has to go and go NOW. Here, at 4:00 on this Thursday afternoon,in my opinion, the best solution to the problem in Egypt might be for the Egyptian Army to arrest President Mubarak and hold him somewhere out of sight until after elections are held. That way no one could accuse him of caving in to another country.

Friday - February 11, 2011
I was really hoping that when I turned the television on this morning the news would be that the Egyptian Army had already arrested President Mubarak and was holding him in an undisclosed location but, alas, that was not to be. (At least most of the snow is gone).
At about 10:00 I was sitting in the doctor's office when someone turned the television on to breaking news out of Egypt. Sure enough, President Mubarak had just announced that he was stepping down and turning the country over to the Army and the Vice-president. It isn't exactly what I was hoping for but if the Army exerts enough control so as to keep the Muslim Brotherhood in check things may have a chance to work themselves out to the good. Let's hope and pray that they will.

Saturday - February 12, 2011
Still warming up here and now appears to be cooling off in Egypt. Maybe things will turn out like they expected them to but for some reason I have my doubts. I guess we'll find out soon enough but I still just can't trust that Moslim Brotherhood.
They have been holding a big (pep) rally in Washington with all the prospective "Republican Presidential Candidates" making speeches, each one trying to outdo the others. I don't believe there is much difference in any of them.
I hadn't made any plans as to planting a garden this year but the way prices on everything keeps going up and with the price of gasoline predicted to be near four dollars a gallon I might better rethink the situation out here on the hill. Maybe I can grow a few tomatoes, some peppers and a few beans or peas. Anything would be a help, I guess.

Sunday - February 13, 2011
Several weeks ago our electricity went off during the night and we didn't, at that time, have a flashlight (but we do now) so I found our matches, I knew where I could find a candle but while stumbling around in the dark I caught a toenail on a table leg and almost lost it. That's about how I am with a computer, stumbling around in the dark. I had been thinking I was seeing a little daylight but now I don't really know. Thank you all for your time and input. Stay tuned. - William

No comments:

Post a Comment