Thursday, June 2, 2011

When One Plus One

Is still one.

Just over 16 months ago I stumbled into this blog and now, after falling several times, I am still feeling my way. When I first began writing I knew nothing about what it took to keep going in the right direction and haven't learned too much in all those months. I was using a computer which belonged to someone else (I had a Hotmail address) and I was checking other blogs when I noticed the invitation to "create blog". I clicked on it and, as they say, the rest is history. One day, with nothing else to do, I attempted to become "a follower" of the blog I was checking but never did get it right. What I ended up with is becoming a follower of myself and didn't, at least at that time, know how to delete it. I just gave up and left it there. Imagine my surprise when, a few days ago, I found a real follower on my blog postings. I have had a few comments posted (good and not so good) and an e-mail or two but nobody else has had the nerve or where-with-all (like myself) to become a follower.

That is my explanation as to why one plus one is still one and I'm sticking by it. As for us, here on the hill, everything is as well as could be expected. It's too hot to get out and work much so we try to start early, then come in and hunker down under the air-conditioner for the rest of the day. Everthing in the garden is still growing slowly and the blueberries are, to this point, better than usual. They should be getting ripe in the next couple of weeks. The grass and weeds seem to like this kind of weather but the beans, pepper, tomatoes, squash and cucumbers aren't doing as well.

I welcome any comment, good or bad or even indifferent, so let me hear from you. Thanks for your time and input. Stay tuned. - William

No comments:

Post a Comment