Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pre-existing Conditions

And other trivia.

Whether you are an occasional reader or a regular, I urge you to check out the posting titled "California Dreamin'" at , tomallen3.blogspot.com .

What, exactly, is going on in Washington? What is so important about the "Pre-existing Conditions" segment in the Health Care Law that was passed in 2010 but doesn't take effect until 2014? One claim against the repeal of "Obamacare" is that anyone with pre-existing conditions could not buy insurance. What makes that different from what it is now? Last month I attempted to change my Medicare Supplemental Insurance from my present carrier to a competitor with lower rates but was turned down because of a pre-existing condition. This was during "Open Enrollment", whatever that means. My condition is not life threatening or one likely to cause excessive doctor's treatment. In fact, my appointments are to see a Technician twice a year and my Doctor once a year. I suppose that is too much.

A Mexican family, with the help of an American attorney, filed a 25 million dollar lawsuit against the United States on behalf of their 15 year old son who was killed by a Border Patrol Agent. It has been alleged that the attack on the Agents was part of a human smuggling operation. It is also alleged that the 15 year old, along with others, was throwing rocks at the officer who fired the fatal shot. I don't know what the situation was but in the tape shown on television there appeared to be several rocks (or objects) flying through the air toward the agents. My question is; did that Mexican family come into the United States, look in the Yellow Pages, pick a lawyer at random, go to that address and hire him / her or did that lawyer go to Mexico and hire a client to front a multi-million dollar lawsuit? You be the judge in this case.

Various commentators on television have referred to Islam as "One of the world's great religions." If they were referring to sheer volume that might be true but if it is a claim of virtue then, in my opinion, someone should go back to their history books and study the birth and avowed purpose of Islam. In this blog, at least four postings (May 15th, August 1st, August 4th, and August 8th), were written in part or in whole about what I consider to be a direct threat to Christianity. Islam may be one of the world's great religions but at the same time it is, again in my opinion, one of the greatest enemys of almost all other religions. Convert by the sword or die by the sword, if not their motto was and may still be their philosephy.

The snow from last week is almost all gone but the weatherman has been telling us to be prepared for more about Thursday (tomorrow) afternoon. I don't think I need any more. Thanks for your time and input, stay tuned. - William

No comments:

Post a Comment