Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Unfathomable

Or just plain Stupid

AAH YES! The State of the Union Address. Did you watch it? Did you Listen to it? Did you hear anything new? If so, did you believe it? I neither watched nor listened because I knew I could hear anything worthwhile (or otherwise) today (many times).

I thought about not even writing anything today after finding the post written months ago, saved but never published until yesterday but I had nothing else to do so here I am plinking away on my keyboard.

Even though I don't have all those fancy degrees after my name and I have never traveled very far out of my home state, I have never before considered myself to be stupid. But now, after dozens of attempts to explain the fallacy of the contentions, of most politicians, that Social Security and Medicare are, in their own words "The biggest drain on our national Budget", and with no visible results, either way, (in other words, being ignored) I am almost to the point of believing that I am. I have promised myself, several times, that I would give up the fight and let someone else do it but I have children and grandchildren who will be harmed immensely if this once great nation is allowed to continue to travel on the road to destruction.

One more time; If Social Security and Medicare could be restructured in such a way as to be revenue neutral, that is bringing in from the payroll tax the exact amount it takes to pay all benefits, stretching into infinity so that the two and a half trillion dollars in IOUs held by the Social Security Trust Fund would never need to be cashed in, the politicians wouldn't have to explain why they stood by and watched, at the least, the Trust Fund money being used as a high stakes slush fund.

I don't want to get bogged down again in long, drawn out explanations of the differences in viewpoints of most politicians and the, so called, comman man so that's it for today. Thanks for your time and input. Stay tuned, -William

No comments:

Post a Comment