Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another Day With NetZero

Down on the Farm

I'm sure many people who have Wildblue satellite internet service must be satisfied with it and that must mean that they get better service than we do or rather we did here. For us, it was great when it was working the way it should have but as the weeks passed that time became less and less frequent. We would still, very much, like to keep using Wildblue and there is no doubt that we will continue to pay for it over the next eight months but it has become so undependable that today it is virtually useless.

At this point in time, after struggling to get on line and stay there, I have given up and resigned myself to the use of a dial-up internet service. The only real drawback is the tying up the telephone while on line but I don't sleep much and I can do what I need to do early in the morning or late at night. As the old saying goes, "there's no need to cry over spilt milk" (or something like that) so we'll just have to get over it and get used to it.

The last sixteen months has been a journey, in and of itself, and I wish I could truthfully say that I have enjoyed it but I can't because I didn't. There is an old song with lines something like this; "Some days are diamonds and some days are stones, some days the bad times won't leave me alone." That just about describes my relationship with Wildblue over those months.

I don't really know how to go from today's subject to the following story so I'll just jump right into it. The title is "The Sound of Distant Thunder".

"I can feel my heart beating in my chest / and I sit in silent wonder / as lightening lights up this old sinful world / there's the sound of distant thunder.

The moon was rushing to get behind the clouds / the stars were running too / lightening was flashing off in the northwest / a storm was beginning to brew / I sat at my window which faced to the west / and listened as the thunder rolled / and wondered could it be what I've often heard / the sound God makes when He bowls.

It often sounds violent and that worries me some / could God be angry with us all / as the pins in His ally come crashing down / could this world be the next one to fall.

Now I can feel my heart beating in my chest / and I sit in silent wonder / as lightening lights up this old sinful world / there's the sound of distant thunder / the sound of distant thunder."

If you've got this far, thanks for your time and input, stay tuned. - William

No comments:

Post a Comment