Sunday, December 12, 2010

Right Priorities

Or the right to be wrong

On a previous posting I mentioned the song which contained the line "Some days are diamonds and some days are stones" and how it related to my journey, at least, trying to use this world wide web. I haven't seen many diamonds lately but the stones keep piling up. But on the other hand, I read an article in the paper yesterday as to how a major league baseball pitcher had been offered over $i40 million to sign a seven year contract with the New York Yankees. I know times are bad but I didn't know it had gotten that bad. How can any self-respecting ball player accept such a paltry sum of money? What are their priorities?

On various occasions over the past several months, I have, seen on television or read in the newspapers, stories about a person or an organization instituting programs to benefit our wounded warriors from either one of our current wars. Being a veteran of the "Korean Conflict" era, knowing what it was like for veterans at that time and how it got really bad during the war in Virtnam, it certainly surprises me, to the point of amazement, how so many organizations have taken it upon themselves to make sure our disabled veterans are taken care of. In my opinion, the men and women in our armed forces deserve a lot more than they are getting. After all, they are risking their lives for us.

I guess the real question today is whether or not principles and priorities can co-exist? At this time, I can't see much evidence that it is happening. Could it be that our principles have been sacrificed on the altar of success, that success becoming the priorities? It is far past time for us all to re-evaluate both our principles and our priorities. The first thing, in my opinion, we should do is go back to following the "Golden Rule" and do unto others as we would have them do unto us. You know, that just might work.

It is very cold here today (about 14 degrees at 7:00 AM) so I'll leave you with this short jingle, "Come Spring".

"Sometimes there doesn't seem to be enough love to go around / when winter is approaching and the leaves are turning brown / but then the snow is melting and the sun will warm the ground / and life will go on as usual or it does in my home town".

I started this posting on my laptop computer and now am finishing it up on wildblue. It wouldn't work when I started and hasn't worked in about 16 days but apparently decided it was about to become obselete and had better get back to work. Must have been on vacation. Thanks for your time, stay tuned. - William

No comments:

Post a Comment