Sunday, December 5, 2010

On Line Choices

Wildblue or NetZero

On January 28th of this year I began my journey as a web surfer, the attempt at creating a blogspot and writing short postings on subjects which I may or may not know anything about. At that time I was using a computer (not mine) which was connected to a satellite on-line service called "Wildblue". Today I embark on another phase of that journey by changing my on-line service to "NetZro which is dial-up, as opposed to satellite.

It took about five minutes to get to the point of actually starting writing this posting which to some would be an eternity but when compared to the problems encountered with Wildblue it was like a walk in the park. On a good day Wildblue satellite service would be much faster but it has been several days since I have been able to even get it on line. Even that wouldn't have been as bad if we could get anykind of help with the problems but the best answer we could get was that they would come out and check it for a ninety-five dollar service charge. We thought that was excessive since it is their equiptment. They will still be taking more than fifty dollars a month for service we don't get.

Several years ago I knew a man who loved to hunt and fish. He thought nothing about missing dinner for a chance at either one. This could be the story of his life and is titled "Catfish Fishing Man."

"I work every day, make a living all right / then I head for the river on Friday night / I'd rather go fishing than to run around / so I'll be on that river before the sun goes down / for I'm a Tennessee River, catfish fishing man / yeah, I'm a Tennessee River catfish fishing man.

I can hardly wait for Friday, time passes so slow / I've got everything packed and ready to go / I break all the laws when I go through town / but the cops all know I'm river bound / for I'm a Tennessee River, catfish fishing man / yeah, I'm a Tennessee River catfish fishing man.

I don't have much time to get my fishing done / if I'm going to catch any fish then I've got to run / I don't use that artificial minnow with a treble hook / and what I know about fishing didn't come from a book / for I'm a Tennessee River, catfish fishing man / yeah, I'm a Tennessee River catfish fishing man.

Now I've fished that river from line to line / and I've never seen a no fishing sign / I don't know what I'll do when the summer is through / I can't sit at home with nothing to do / for I'm a Tennessee River, catfish fishing man / yeah, I'm a Tennessee River catfish fishing man."

But, of course, everyone who knew him also knew that he wouldn't be sitting around doing nothing in the winter time. There was always deer hunting,'coon hunting and rabbit hunting. That was enough to keep anyone busy after work. Thanks for your time and imput, stay tuned. - William

No comments:

Post a Comment